Leamington Hastings

Church of England Academy

Google Translate

Google Translate

Google Search

Google Search

Get in touch

Contact Details

Social Media

Pupil Premium

The Pupil Premium is a sum of money that is allocated to schools to ensure that all children have an equal chance to succeed.  This money is given specifically to ‘raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers.’ 


The current criteria for receiving the Pupil Premium Grant are:


•family receives Income Support or Income-Based Job Seekers Allowance. Please note, Contribution-Based Job Seeker’s Allowance does not qualify for free school meals (unless you receive both Income-based & Contribution-based JSA on an equal basis);

•family receives the Guarantee element of State Pension Credit;

•family receives Child Tax Credit and has an annual income, as assessed by HMRC, not in excess of £16,190. Please note, families who are also entitled to Working Tax Credit do not qualify;

•Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999;

•Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related). Please note, Contribution-Based E&SA does not qualify for continued free school meals in Junior School (unless you receive both Income-based & Contribution-based ESA on an equal basis).


Children who are in care or who have been in care previously, qualify for the Pupil Premium Plus Grant. 


In order for the school to access pupil premium funding, eligible parents must apply to the local authority for free school meals.  This application is necessary even though all infant meals are provided free of charge at present. If you feel your child may be eligible to receive a free school meal please contact the school office (in confidence), telephone 01926 742543 to speak to an adviser, or visit www.warwickshire.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals .


We do not publish our Pupil Premium strategy online due to the small amount of children who qualify for it, however a copy of the current pupil premium strategy is available from the school office upon request.